The Maintenance Supervisor is expected to directly supervise and lead maintenance mechanics while ensuring safe and efficient operation of plant equipment and to comply with department and plant budget goals and accountabilities.
1. Trains, directs, and develops subordinates to meet maintenance, operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
2. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
3. Supports and promotes the Company’s annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
4. Meets and improves upon budget costs in order to increase department and plant efficiencies.
5. Promotes and supports associate teamwork, providing specific goals and accountabilities together with quarterly assessments and annual evaluations.
6. Builds & Maintains a successful motivated team of technicians.
Electrical knowledge of control circuits.
Basic PLC background.
Mechanical skills including hydraulic and pneumatic background.
Knowledge of plant lubrication.
Excellent leadership and supervisory/people skills.
Understanding of PM programs and systems.
Knowledge and understanding of predictive technologies.
Excellent follow-up skills and must be results orientated.
5 years of relative experience.
High school Education, GED or Equivalent.
BS or AS in a technical discipline preferred.
Day to day associate supervision-authority or equipment breakdowns, time keeping, disciplinary action when necessary – manages approval for ordering non- stock and stocked parts. Manager’s final approval necessary when hiring associates.
OTHER POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
This position spends 50 % of a normal workweek supervising other associates.
This position spends 20 % of normal workweek training and developing other associates.
This position spends 20% of a normal workweek performing technical analyses and writing reports.
This position spends 10% of a normal workweek in production or maintenance-related activities.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.