To diagnose diesel engine failures and service and make repairs to the equipment in compliance with OEM specifications and DOT safety regulations and requirements.
1. Will be responsible for satisfactorily completing an apprenticeship program; if a graduate from an accredited technical program;
OR Demonstrate the ability through experience to fulfill the necessary skills for the position level to which you are assigned.
2. Dispose of failed parts, fluids, and other waste in an environmentally conscious manner
3. Must be able to work in a team environment and operate independently as needed
4. Must have appropriate mechanic tool set or agree to purchase tools
5. Must follow all company policies, procedures, and safety regulations and use appropriate safety equipment.
High School graduate or GED with a minimum of 1 year of experience or completion of Diesel Mechanic Program at an accredited Technical School;
Must have basic computer skills, good time management skills to ensure responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
Possess knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, EPA, OSHA, and regulations as required;
Have strong reading writing, analytical, and mechanical skills.
ASE certifications a plus
Able to move freely throughout the garage facility to include climbing vertical heights (0 - 50'); carrying tools and equipment (0-100 pounds); exposure to extreme temperatures (0-100 Degrees Fahrenheit); humidity, (0 - 100%), noise (50db to 100db) and chemicals (MSDS sheets available).
Must be able to wear protective equipment. Able to make road service calls in all weather conditions.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.