**** PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO CURRENT PETALUMA POULTRY / PERDUE ASSOCIATES ****
The Company is seeking a deadline oriented, self-starter individual in the setup and operation of equipment required to run the Weigh and Price Box Making machine. Must be able to perform testing to verify production controls and quality standards are met, report any malfunctions or abnormalities and make minor adjustments and repairs to equipment. Requires at least 2 years experience working in a production/manufacturing environment. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long term and short term goals of the department.
· Set up and operate equipment and machine used to make boxes in the weigh and price department.
· Ability to test and run equipment to evaluate their performance to maintain productivity efficiencies.
· Perform changeover when needed to run different size boxes.
· Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
· Test runs machine to evaluate performance, make recommendations to increase efficiency.
· Assist in performing production duties when not required to operate/maintain equipment.
· Ability to do minor repairs and troubleshooting.
· Follow production schedule in order to make appropriate boxes needed for operations.
· Communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
· Participate in company and department safety program.
· Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Ability to understand, speak, and write fluent English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with an assortment of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and verbal forms, to include manuals and schedules.
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tools and controls. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pound boxes and materials regularly. Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision and ability to distinguish colors.
This position is under the collective bargaining unit of the UFCW. Required 90-day probation period. Excellent medical benefits available. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Work area is predominantly cold and wet conditions. Ice box storage and chilled warehouse conditions as well. Moderate to extreme levels of noise, safety protection is provided.