The overall purpose of this position, i.e., what it accomplishes at Perdue and/or why it is: The purpose of this position is to manage Refrigeration, Boiler Room and man power to ensure the proper operation of Plant equipment within established guidelines.
This position will also direct, supervise, and lead lower level mechanics according to P.M.
1. Ensure all job duties are performed within Perdue and OSHA safety procedures including Lockout/Tagout and the wearing of all personal protective equipment as required.
2. Ensure the correct utilization of hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
3. Read and correctly interpret manufacturer's equipment manuals, PM sheets and safety policies and complete all required work sheets and machine check list.
4. Ensure all machines are properly adjusted to operate t established performance standards.
5. Ensure all calibrations, repairs, diagnostics, adjustments and PM work are accomplished in a timely manner to minimize down time.
6. Use sound management practices in the training and supervision of associates.
This position has the authority in decision concerning breakdowns, rebuilds, overhauls, and manpower hiring and usage. A higher approval is need in major purchases.
The minimum number of Years and/or Months of prior and related experience preferred to be considered for this position is:
5 Years, 0 Months
High School diploma or GED. Reading, Writing, Math and analytical skills are required.
Specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position include: Formal experience in and comprehensive knowledge of ammonia and freon refrigeration/steam boilers.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.