This position has different specific job responsibilities dependent on the section of the line the associate is assigned. Associate rotates through specific responsibilities, reducing repetitive motions that surpass four consecutive hours.
The associate will work with a team of attendants to meet and surpass daily plant goals.
1. Visually and physically inspect product for out of spec product
2. Place all rejected product in appropriate bins/trays/belts
3. Inspect for breading voids and overlapping product
4. Inspect for sediment and insure product is flat and spread out on the belt
5. May have to return product into product flow
1. Keep floors clean and free of trash
2. Set up and remove condemned tubs and trash on production floor and on line
3. Physically remove trash from floor and trash bins from line to a transfer to a receptacle
4. While working with another associate, life waste product containers weighing up to 120 pounds to an approximate height of 3 ½ feet to transfer waste product to condemned tubs.
5. Document product loss
1. Remove boxes from conveyor and finish assembly of boxes for product by hand
2. Visually inspect and remove all rejects and defects and place in appropriate bin
3. Fill boxes with correct number of bags working at the speed of production flow
4. Push boxes down the conveyor to the scale
1. Ability to lift cases of 40 pounds each
2. Remove boxes from conveyor
3. Place pallet at correct position for palletizing
4. Pick boxes from the tape machine and palletize with label showing on the outside and right side up
5. Count the correct number of boxes placed on pallet until skid is complete
6. Scan label on each box and wrap skid
7. Place skid label on wrap
Must have capability to use both hands on a fast-paced production line (produces 10,000 lbs. of product per hour).
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.