(will work various hours depending on load/pick-up times)
The primary purpose of this position is to safely transport live chickens from poultry farms to the processing plant by means of tractor and trailer within time constraints.
The job summary listed below may not be a complete list of all the essential functions of the job.
• make a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of truck and trailer; fill out DOT inspection forms at end of each trip
• drive to and from farms, making 1 to 4 trips day and night with a driving range of 30 minutes to 4 hours without a stop
• must carry cover during winter and assist with covering load when temperature is below 30 degrees
• must cross scale with tractor and trailer before going to farms and when returning fill trucks with fuel before scaling the full load
• make sure empty modular are secured before leaving plant and make sure full modular’s are secured before returning
• demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality
• adhere to safety requirements including PPE; preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, lock-out/tag-out procedures and Process Safety Management related matters
• follow instructions given by supervisor
Have a valid CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
Be able to pass a DOT physical examination and a Perdue physical examination
Present a certified copy of your driving record from all states in which you were licensed in past 5 years
Have not been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while impaired, or reckless driving in the past 5 years
Have not been convicted for more than 2 accidents within the past 5 years
Have not had your license suspended for any reason within the past 5 years
Have not been convicted within the past 5 years for: (a) passing a stopped school bus; (b) leaving the scene of an accident; (c) exceeding the posted speed limit by 20 m.p.h.; (d) following too close
Be at least 23 years of age
Have a minimum of 2 years driving experience with Class A CDL’s
Must be licensed in the state in which you are domiciled
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.