The Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within
the production group.
*This position is assigned to 2nd shift*
1. Trains, directs, and develops subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
2. Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
3. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates and consistently administers company policies and procedures.
4. Supports and promotes the Company’s annual People, Products, Profitability, and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
5. Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety Scorecard.
6. Supports the 4 P’s. People – turnover, safety, associate engagement; Products – quality and consistency of products; Profitability – contributes to achievement of key initiatives; Planet - responsibly managing our use of natural resources.
Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to be able to communicate to all levels of the organization
Must be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office
Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results
Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule
Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy
Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level
Prior supervisory experience
Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline plus 4 – 5 years related work experience.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another
2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment
3. When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company
Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
Bending, twisting, lifting, reaching, sitting and grasping varies in repetitions, distances, degrees, angle weights, height, intervals of time, object grasped and body positions depending upon the task being performed
The preceding job description is general in nature. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities of, and qualifications for, the job. Management, in its sole discretion, may amend any part of this job description at
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.