Responsible for the day-to-day operations of Waste Water, Storm Water and Potable Water assuring waste water permit parameters are met. Supervision of associates in these departments to achieve required standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner,
and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the group.
1. Train, direct and develop associates to meet waste water operating, safety and quality requirements within the department. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and
2. Support and promote the company’s annual People, Products, Profitability and Planet goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, coaching, training, and overall direction of the workforce.
3. Effectively communicate and interact with management staff throughout the entire Georgetown facility.
4. Maintain and update records of all wastewater required documentation, solids loads, potable water, laboratory data and all sludge loads.
5. Operate the waste water system, storm water and wells in accordance with parameters set forth in permits by the DNREC and other applicable regulatory agencies. Environmental compliance with all permit and plans is a requirement.
6. Ensure preventative and other maintenance is performed on all waste water and storm water equipment and all wells.
7. Assist Environmental Manager as needed and directed.
High School Diploma and a State of Delaware Wastewater license. At least 5 years experience in the Wastewater or Environmental field with substitution of education where applicable and approved.
Associates or Bachelors Degree in the Environmental field and experience managing hourly associates. A Level IV Wastewater license in the State of Delaware is preferred but not required
Moving and working on wet, dry, moist floors which included metal and plastic grating surfaces. Ability to climb stairs and ladders. Ability to move within all storm water, potable water and waste water areas. Exposure to temperatures of 28 degrees
to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Exposure to varying noise levels. Bending, twisting, lifting, reaching, sitting and grasping; varies in repetitions, distances, degrees, angles, weights, heights, intervals of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending
upon the task being performed. Exposure to all chemicals found in a wastewater/ food processing plant. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the company. Required to travel, as needed, to other facilities
and plants for meetings and/or business.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.