The overall purpose of this position, i.e., what it accomplishes at Perdue and/or why it exists is:
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner, and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
1. Train, direct, and develop subordinates to meet operating, safety, and quality requirements within the department/area.
2. Supervises production staff to ensure quality and integrity, and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
3. Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates. Consistently administers company policies and procedures.
4. Support and promote the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective and efficient planning, communication, and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.
5. Creates and implements, with management approval, new ideas and methods to improve production efficiencies, CSI, QI, Safety Scorecard.
6. Support the 3 P’s. People- Turnover, Safety, Associate Engagement: Products- Quality and consistency of products: Profitability- Contribute to achievement of Key initiatives.
Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 3 year time span.
Management: the ability to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule.
Process Development: ability to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
Problem Solving: ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
Associate Development: ability to supervise and recognize training needs for the operation as well as the associates and the willingness to support
those needs and develop associates.
Customer Satisfaction: knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
Communication: ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Team Building: knowledge of and a commitment to Team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills of a strong team player.
Commitment: dedication and commitment to company values.
Safety: ability, knowledge and commitment to put safety of associates above everything else while achieving goals.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.