To become familiar with industrial machinery in order to repair and maintain to operating standards during production/non-production times.
2nd Shift Maintenance Mechanic - Monday through Friday
-Demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality
-Follow instructions given by supervisor and/or lead.
-Set-up, run, troubleshoot, and tear down production machinery.
-Keep designated machinery in running condition.
-Minimize down time.
-Troubleshoot machinery errors during production times.
-Keep composure in stressful situations.
-Communicate issues with machines to production management when necessary.
-Work with Machine Operators to make sure machines are running properly.
-Perform preventative maintenance on machines during down-time.
Technical Schooling in Mechanics
· at least 18 year of age
· Legally authorized to work in the United States
· Strong work history, worked for one employer for at least 6 months in the past three years.
· Willing and able to stand for several hours
· Willing and able to work in wet and extreme cold and hot conditions
· Ability to lift up to 99 pounds without mechanical assistance.
· Ability to withstand exposure to all physical and chemical elements of the processing environment
· Decision-making ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues that may arise during production times.
· Ability to communicate mechanical issues to Production/Maintenance Management.
· Ability to keep composure in stressful situations.
· Ability to keep accurate and organized records.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
· Must be available to work overtime (including weekends) to perform Preventative Maintenance tasks during down time.
Min. 6 months of Industrial Maintenance Experience. Journeyman's Certification