Ensures that staffing levels and needs are maintained for plant operations.
1. Identifies, develops, implements, evaluates, measures, and improves the recruiting process for non-exempt and exempt positions. The recruiting process is required to maintain the required plant staffing as directed by Operations.
2. Establishes an effective and efficient working relationship with plant management which creates an environment that facilitates the interviewing process, thus enabling the hiring of qualified applicants for plant positions.
3. If applicable, provides training and direction to the hourly staff to insure compliance with all laws and regulations concerning the interviewing process, AAP compliance.
4. Creates new, innovative methods to improve the recruitment process to continually improve the experience and skill set of applicants. Recommends to management for approval, implements, measures, audits and reports results to management.
5. Achieves measurable results that demonstrate improvement in hiring ratio ( applicants vs. hires)
6. Ensures all required paperwork (application, reference checks, interview notes) are forwarded to the Employment Process Administrator to ensure proper, correct intake.
Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field plus 5 – 6 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Previous experience in a staffing role within a manufacturing environment.
Proven knowledge of laws surrounding the interview process.
Exposure to AAP requirements as it applies to the recruitment, interviewing, selection process.
Proven supervisory experience in an office setting.
Proven track record of innovative methods to recruit the targeted workforce and creative methods to recruit that resulted in turnover reduction.
Requires an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1 to 3 year time span.
Must be able to multi-task and organize multiple protocols and projects and completed on schedule.
Requires strong analytical skills, analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
Must have knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation along with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and a commitment to excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Requires knowledge of and a commitment to team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills or a strong team player.
Requires travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or Company business.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.