The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic is to repair, install, maintain and adjust all equipment in assigned areas in a safe and productive manner.
1. Must have met all requirements of class C.
2 Complete formax school, and be able to perform most repairs on all Formax’s.
3 Must attain RETA Electricity I Certification.
4. Must attain RETA Control theory & Fundamentals I certification.
5. Show leadership & be able to train new maintenance associates, as well as, Class C or Class B technicians.
6. Must be able to thread pipe.
7. Must have working knowledge of all shop tools. (grinders, drill press, hydraulic press, etc)
8. Must have working knowledge of cooked plant equipment such as pack out machinery, grinders, blending equipment, scales, bagging equipment, spiral ovens, fryers, batter breader equipment.
9. Perform duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager, Supervisor, Senior Technician.
Ability to interpret an English measuring instrument.
Identify different nuts / bolts and associate tools.
Have operating knowledge of volt-ohm-amp meters and have a basic understanding of electrical control circuits.
Ability to ARC and TIG weld and use an acetylene torch.
Must attain a RETA Electricity I Certification, and RETA Control theory & Fundamentals I certification.
Hydraulic and pneumatic background also desirable.
Two year Associate degree in Industrial Electrical or Maintenance is preferred.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.