Operate equipment used in the manufacture of feed according to Perdue Farms feeding programs. Plan and implement all activities, products and services in a manner designed to reduce the adverse environmental, social and economic impacts and incorporates
commitments to continuous improvement, pollution prevention and efficient use of natural resources and sustainable practices. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Mix and pelletize feed according to PPP specifications.
- Assist in coordinating the unloading of inbound ingredients.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist in coordinating maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain records of all loading and receiving in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Accurately test quality of feed and maintain company standards of finished product.
- Load feed trucks according to Dept. of Transportation specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Ability to understand, speak, and write fluent English. Spanish a plus but not required.
Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard. Accurately complete detailed forms and reports. Calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to use hands to feel objects, tools and controls. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pound boxes and bagged materials regularly. Ability to regularly stand, walk, and climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have close and distance vision
and ability to distinguish colors. Must be able to be fitted for, and use a respirator.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work both indoors and outdoors. Work environment is dusty, noisy and may be wet and cold during the winter months and inclement weather. Occasional work from heights up to 85 feet. Occasional work in confined spaces.