The purpose of the position is to keep all production machinery and mechanical processes within the facility operating at maximum reliability levels. The position will install, troubleshoot, repair, modify, rebuild and perform preventive/predictive maintenance on all production machinery/automated systems, including all support equipment within the facility. The position will function in a multi-maintenance discipline capacity (mechanical, electrical and electronics) and direct equipment reliability efforts within maintenance.
Pay Range $20-$32/hr
1. Proficient in the performance of: preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical repairs, electrical installation/wiring and other tasks or procedures to keep all systems in operational condition to meet production, refrigeration, waste water processing, building/grounds, and shipping needs.
2. Provide emergency repairs in a timely manner to minimize downtime. Communicate effectively with equipment manufactures and read equipment manuals, blueprints, and other sources of information to assure timely repair of equipment.
3. Respond to Management or Process Technician concerns of equipment performance. Inform the Production supervisor of any necessary modifications or system malfunctions that would affect their area of operation now or in the future.
a. Train others on proper operation, troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
4. Work with continuous improvement teams and other teams, as assigned, providing technical support and input to the team objectives. Provide PLC and VFD support on production equipment. Provide plant support for MIT systems and assist in development of needed systems.
c. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for facility production and OEE.
5. Observe all facility safety rules and regulations to assure your own personal safety and that of co-workers. Perform tasks using good manufacturing Practices, housekeeping and applicable codes.
6. Direct other less experienced multi-craft or process technicians as needed on projects. Function in a leadership role among other maintenance personnel. Work to improve asset utilization using disciplines such as Root Cause Analysis and Mean Time Between Failures.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (include any specialized or technical knowledge, certifications, credentials or licensing required for this position)