We are looking for future Perdue leaders to join us! The Perdue Plant/Operations Management Trainee (OMT) program provides college graduates relevant experience to acquire management skills (leadership, teambuilding, interpersonal), technical skills (production
management controls, operational processes, and metrics) as well as contribute to the organization through projects to improve production, reduce waste, or the like.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The 12 month rotational program gives you exposure to various roles within the facilities you are assigned. Learn about the various areas of Operations within the industry.
Travel with your OMT Class to 3 Regional Training that include classroom training, social activities and philanthropy events.
Hands-on leadership training and a path to a successful career with Perdue!
Permanent placement in a full time position at the end of the program.
Graduating college is an amazing achievement and Perdue recognizes that top talent is in high demand. Our total offer package includes:
Competitive Starting Salaries
Excellent Sign On Bonus
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Student Loan Repayment Program
We are invested in our future leaders and know you can GROW with us!
1. Functions as a salaried member of the management team.
2. Acquires knowledge to include administrative functions, manpower reports, disciplinary procedures, budget, production processes and requirements while contributing ideas and recommendations for continuous improvement.
3. Develops an understanding of the team process using the criteria: establishing common mission/goals of all team members; providing clear role definition of team members; encouraging shared accountabilities; implementing effective team procedures and processes,
giving and receiving feedback, problem solving, decision making, employing coaching and effective communications; ensuring team “spirit”; and providing recognition for team accomplishments.
4. Implements the policies of the Quality Improvement Process with the team/department.
5. Monitors the performance of the team to ensure goals are attained and graphs results for display and presentation at briefings and/or meetings.
6. Develops self-awareness and consistently applies best practices in communications, emotional intelligence, integrity, and exhibits other Perdue values.
7. Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants which may include the Hatchery, Feed Mill, Live Production, Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning,
28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments.
8. Completes projects related to cost-reduction or improved performance.
9. Attends learning events/activities including on-ground classes, web-based instruction, and e-learning platforms.
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university must be completed prior to beginning their 12 month program in June 2019.
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
1. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
2. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
3. When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.