To assist in loading, unloading , and delivering dressed poultry, crude and refined oil, contract backhauls and other inbound and out bound products and materials to plants, customers, and distributors.
PRINCIPAL AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Describe below the major responsibilities of this position which must be fulfilled with or without reasonable accommodations in order to achieve the essential purpose of this position
1. Assist in loading, unloading, and delivering dressed poultry, meal, refined oil, contract back-hauls and other inbound and outbound products and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
2. Observe and assist in maintaining all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load.
3. Ride with a Driver Trainer while observing the operation of a tractor and trailer in a safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies for a minimum of 3 months.
4. Assist in conducting pre and post vehicle inspections and complete reports as required by Company policies.
5. Assist in completing all Company paperwork to include but not limited to pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
6. Learn how to use the telephone, voice response, and satellite system in order to communicate with customers, dispatchers, and supervisory personnel. Perform other task as assigned by supervisor.
Possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and be DOT certified.
Possess strong communication skills.
Strong training and mentoring capabilities with excellent communication skills.
Possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with a minimum of 2 years over the road experience,
High School Graduate or GED preferred; Have completed a driving program with an accredited trucking school/college
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.