Electronic Technicians act as resources to plant teams to ensure that they have the proper technical support needed to perform their day-to-day tasks. They are responsible for troubleshooting, analyzing, and repairing breakdowns or malfunctions of electrical
equipment. The Senior position performs all assigned Electronic Technician duties within class to include equipment repairs, PM’s, diagnostics, troubleshooting and emergency response on equipment.
1. Responsible to move throughout the facility, reach vertical heights up to 150’ to perform repairs, PM’s, and monitor equipment in both open and confined spaces.
2 Use of vehicle to transfer self, tools and equipment, voltage meters, testing equipment, soldering equipment, to perform and meet the electronic knowledge, skills and abilities of a “A” Electronic Technician per attached sheet.
3. Performs preventive maintenance as assigned which includes but is not limited to repair, diagnostics, cleaning, lubrication, upgrading, of machinery, scales, printers, necessary computers, etc.
4. Have programming knowledge of PLC’s, Panel view Programming, and Weight ronix Simpose rSoftware.
5. Have the ability to diagnose and repair circuit board level repair.
6. Be able to read and understand electronic and electrical schematic diagrams.
7. Respond to emergency breakdowns during both on and off duty hours to ensure operations continue on a 24 hours a day basis.
8. Generates and submits paperwork relative to work performed, such as daily work orders, parts requisitions, and any related to meetings, safety, etc.
9. Perform all equipment repairs and daily work within OSHA regulations, lockout/tag-out, and Perdue safety book guidelines.
10. Communicate as necessary to all other Electronic Technicians daily issues, fixes, needed repairs, emergency repairs, as well as any needed scheduled repairs needed for weekend work.
Five (5) to Seven (7) years of experience as Industrial Electrician in Poultry Industry preferred.
Reading, writing, math and analytical skills required.
Vocational/Technical school training in electronics/computer and two year practical experience in electronics.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.