We are looking for a Maintenance Tech at our Innovation Center in Salisbury, MD. This individual will execute assigned facilities maintenance and repair tasks. They will assist with pilot plant production equipment set up and tear down and helps with plant
operations. The Maintenance Tech will function as primary backup for all shipping and receiving tasks as needed.
1. Assists with facility maintenance, trouble-shooting and repairs and coordinates with outside contractors for repairs necessary outside of capabilities.
2. Sets up and operates lab, pilot plant and facility equipment. Disassembles and reassembles equipment as required.
3. Maintains and performs preventative maintenance for Innovation Center facility.
4. Maintains work areas, grounds and building in a clean and orderly condition.
5. Documents work as required in a timely manner.
6. Performs shipping and receiving tasks as the main back-up for the shipping and receiving job function.
7. Obtains and maintains required licenses to include but not limited to boiler, fork truck, scissor lift and pallet jack license as needed.
8. Maintains a clean facility, inside and out, and may complete minimal housekeeping/landscaping tasks if needed when vendor is not onsite.
Required: High School Degree plus 4 – 5 years of related work experience or Associate’s Degree in a maintenance field plus 2 years of relevant experience. Must have excellent oral and written communication and organization skills. Knowledge
of Microsoft Word and Excel. Should have basic technical and mechanical skills and aptitude to include electrical and plumbing skills. Must work well with others and able to take direction. Ability to work in an organized fashion, conduct facility activities
to maintain clean and sanitary work areas. Maintains specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Preferred: AA Degree
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.