The Regional Sales Manager will manage all aspects of the sales and merchandising activities in a specific region. This includes goal setting, established measurement and ultimately attaining specified positive results. This position is responsible for implementation
of the processes established by the National Account Manager and the Company management as the “standards” for the sales team including fact based selling, utilization of the customer database, career development through core competency measurement and exploitation
of the supply chain initiatives resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
1. Develops a written sales plan for the region including: goals for volume, selling price, revenue, mix, market share and P & L; establishes a budget to control spending; contributes meaningful input to the fiscal planning process.
2. Responsible for new item forecasts and promotional forecasts for the region. Collaboratively plans with the customers and develops the forecast. Establishes customer programs and plans to accomplish the regional goals.
3. Manages the daily responsibilities for store stops, booking feature contracts, headquarters call, new product presentations, and business reviews.
4. Utilizes and maintains the customer database as a tool for accurate account information and management records, as well as the vehicle for communicating weekly account contact updates.
5. Utilizes the TPM system for managing customer programs in regard to spending and results attainment.
6. Continuously improves skills by participating in classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
7. Assists the team as needed in assortment reviews, product presentations, product sampling, new item setup and item maintenance in customer database.
REQUIRED: Bachelors degree in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration plus 8-10 years of related experience. Requires strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills. Management experience required. Prior experience
should include managing, recruiting and evaluating sales associates. Must be able to communicate with customers and suppliers. Must be able to travel overnight to customer/vendor locations and/or plant locations.
PREFERRED: Management experience preferably in the food or food sales areas. Prior knowledge and experience in sales and/or marketing with the poultry industry preferred.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.