The overall purpose of this position, i.e., what it accomplishes at Perdue and/or why it exists is: Under the supervision of the nursing supervisor, administer necessary medical care to associates and others as required or assigned within the scope of nursing
practice; to and complete physical assessment sheet and review medical history; to record work related issues and report OSHA recordable and workers’ compensation cases to the nursing supervisor; to assist with medical cost management; to complete other assigned
tasks in a timely manner.
1. Administer medical care for work or non-work related injury or illness by giving first aid treatment, following appropriate algorithm,or other medical directive or accepted nursing standards; sending to physician or health care facility as appropriate;
documenting information; entering data into SAP and OHM; completing necessary forms, and informing nursing supervisor.
2. Perform physicals after reviewing history information with associate; complete information on physical form, and other forms as appropriate. Complete termination files; assist with drug screens, TB skin testing, wellness programs, etc. as assigned by nursing
3. Assist with medical cost management by early intervention in care of associates with constant follow up; order medical supplies as needed;
4. Assist with administration of medical LOA's under direction of Nurse/ Wellness Center Supervisor to reduce time away from work, processing of physician’s notes.
5. Assist staff with systems for health improvement of associates at the facility, i.e. participation in and support with HIP.
Current license in state of practice credentials or licensing required. Current certification in CPR in good standing Good verbal & written communication skills Phlebotomy skills preferred
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.