The Georgetown Plant Complex has an opening for a HIP Specialist and is pursuing qualified candidates for immediate placement.
1. Perform interview for HIP and assist with completion of form. Measure vital signs, weight and height and record; Draw blood for appropriate/standard lab work (if competent), complete lab forms, prepare samples and send to lab.
2. Manage the implementation of all aspects of the health promotion program. Review results of HIP with associate, identify area of risk and establish a Personal Plan for Health (PPFH) for the individual. Utilizing the principles of QIP, perform periodic follow
up of PPFH with associate in an effort to improve the associate's individual health.
3. Use and analyze data to asses and target health promotion needs for the employee population. Participate in marketing programs to increase associate awareness.
4. Provide support to wellness center/occupational health department as directed by nursing supervisor to insure overall function of department.
5. Asses needs of the population, plan and implement health education to meet these needs. Serve as a resource for health and wellness related information for associates.
Clinical skills to include data collection, venipuncture, vital sign monitoring. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and a belief in improved health through reduction of controllable risk factors. For non-nursing applicants, CHES
or health coaching certification; occupational health and/or health education required. 1-3 years of related work experience and or a graduate of an accredited program (i.e. health care program, etc.)
1. Position is active; may require a good bit of walking around, moving to other offices or buildings and through
2. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
4. Work activity is generally in a office, clinical environment.
5. When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals found in poultry, food and processing plant.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.