The company is seeking an organized, deadline oriented individual to work in ranch pick up to the Skagit, Whatcom, King, Snohomish and Lewis Counties. Ranch pick up would entail hauling 28-foot flat bed trailers used as sets of doubles, with modular transports
on the flatbeds. Experience with bulk feed delivery using 38 to 40 hydraulic-operated bulk trailers is a possibility. Must possess a Class A license and a clean DMV. Must possess good attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions and work well
with others. Must be able to repetitively lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs. Individual will be actively involved in the Company Safety program and the long term and short term goals of the department. Ability to work as part of a team is essential. Ability
to follow both written and oral directions and instructions is essential. Attendance is an essential function of this job.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Transport live poultry from ranches to processing facility.
- Provide high level of customer service to clients.
- Operate trucks and equipment safely.
- Possess Class A driver’s license with doubles endorsement.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to work well with others in a coordinated effort as well as independently following written instructions.
- Lift, push, pull and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Participate in company and department safety program.
- Ability to carry out repetitive motions of the arms, wrists and hands.
- Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School education not required but beneficial.
- Some mathematic skills – ability to calculate mortality cards using simple addition/subtraction.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Spanish bilingual a plus but not required.
Ability to accurately carry out instructions given by supervisor, follow pick and delivery routes and communicate with customers and co-workers.
Ability to regularly stand, walk, and repetitively use arms, wrists and hands. Ability to handle and use knives. Ability to lift, push or pull up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
This position is under the collective bargaining unit of the Teamsters. Required 90-day probation period. Excellent medical benefits provided. Must be at least 25 years of age.
Condition will vary from hot to cold. Time will be divided between driving and unloading cargo. Periods of driving time up to 3 ½ hours to reach some destinations.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.