The NAM will manage all aspects of the Sales & Merchandising activities in a specified National Account base. This includes people management, broker management, goal setting, established measurement and ultimately attaining specified positive results.
This leadership position establishes the processes to be used by the sales team including Fact Based Selling utilizing IRI and other market sources (i.e Customer database, Panel data, etc.), career development through core competency measurement and exploitation
of the Supply Chain initiatives resulting in superior customer satisfaction. This manager is the "top to top" contact and communicator between the Company and the accounts for which he/she is responsible.
1. Develops and implements a National Account sales plan to include all divisions within the prepared value-added sales management team. Attains all budgeted product line volumes, price, mix and share levels. Prepares and presents business reviews and
new items. Monitors daily, weekly, quarterly and YTD relevant customer metrics.
2. Implements and champions procedures to continuously improve the accuracy of the Demand Plan forecast.
3. Manages all expense budgets including staffing, overhead and programs. Manages the utilization of the TPM system to input and monitor customer programs to control spending and attain results.
4. Works cross-functionally with Marketing, Operations, QA, Supply Chain & Executive Management to ensure effective communication and problem solving. The National Account Manager is a member of a team and, as such, must work in coordination with all stakeholders
for optimal outcomes for the Company and the customer.
5. Utilizes the principles of the QIP, team management and Supply Chain initiatives to guide the account.
6. Travels, as needed, to store and club locations to stay abreast of the marketplace, help support items and/or resolve issues.
7. Participates in a leadership position on special projects and cross-functional teams. Continuously improves skills participating in classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
Bachelors degree in the areas of Sales, Marketing or Business Administration plus 12 -14 years related work experience. This solutions-oriented individual needs to possess strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills. Successful National
Account experience required in CPG and Net Weight Package Products in food or food sales. Must have a prior supervisory/management experience including managing, recruiting and evaluating sales associates and broker sales teams. Must be able to communicate
effectively with customers and suppliers. Must be able to travel to plant facilities, customer sites, innovation center and market areas. Would include approx. 30% travel with some overnight.
Preferred: Prior sales experience in poultry preferred.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.