This position will manage all aspects of the Sales & Merchandising activities in a specified account base within the Central Sales Region. This includes people management, goal setting, established measurement and ultimately attaining specified positive
results. This leadership position establishes the processes to be used by the sales team including Fact Based Selling, utilizing IRI and other data sources (i.e. Customer Database, Panel Data, etc.), career development through core competency measurement and
exploitation of Supply Chain initiatives resulting in superior customer satisfaction. This manager is the "top to top" contact and communicator between the Company and the accounts for which he/she is responsible.
1. Develops and implements a National Account sales plan to include all divisions within the Premium Poultry sales management team. Attains all budgeted product line volumes, price, mix and share levels. Prepares and presents business reviews and new item
presentations. Works with assigned accounts on promotion planning and execution. Monitors daily, weekly, quarterly and YTD relevant customer metrics.
2. Implements and champions procedures to continuously improve the accuracy of the Demand Plan forecast.
3. Manages all expense budgets including staffing, overhead and programs. Manages the utilization of the TPM system to input and monitor customer programs to control spending and attain results.
4. Works cross-functionally with Trade Marketing, Marketing, Operations, QA, Supply Chain & Executive Management to ensure effective communication and problem solving. The National
Account Manager is a member of a team and, as such, must work in coordination with all stakeholders for optimal outcomes for the Company and the customer.
5. Utilizes the principles of the QIP, team management and Supply Chain initiatives to guide the account.
6. Travels, as needed, to store and club locations to stay abreast of the marketplace, help support items and/or resolve issues.
7. Participates in a leadership position on special projects and cross-functional teams. Continuously improves skills participating in classes and seminars as deemed necessary in the developmental plan.
Bachelors degree in the areas of Sales, Marketing or Business Administration plus 12 -14 years related work experience with 3-5 years Walmart account experience. Must have experience working with Retail Link, understanding interpreting Walmart internal
data with the ability to navigate and build reports as needed. Must utilize IRI syndicated information working with and directing the Category Manager to interpret, understand, and apply learnings to develop account specific plans to improve and drive performance
and growth. Requires strong reading, writing, communication, analytical skills and experience with Microsoft products, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Must have a prior supervisory/management experience including managing, recruiting and evaluating
sales associates and broker teams. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and suppliers. Must be able to travel to plant facilities, customer sites, innovation center and market areas. Would include approximately 20% travel including overnight.
At least 5 years sales experience with a vertically integrate protein company
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.