Leads the local organization in identifying, progressing and realizing the implementation Quality Policy and Quality Systems. Identifies and investigates all Quality opportunities covering all products, projects, and processes. Delivers measurable improvements
utilizing Quality Improvement and continuous improvement strategies. Implements standard processes and appropriate actions to improve quality of products, reduction of variation and eliminate waste. This position is for second shift.
1. Leads the facilities Quality Improvement Process by becoming a business partner with operations management, working with them to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and implement agreed to continuous improvement alternatives.
2. Ensures deliverables support the 4-P’s. People (turnover, increased collaboration), Products (consistency in products, quality of products, reliability of service), Profitability (support the attainment of key initiatives), Planet.
3. Gains a solid understanding of the Company’s key initiatives / accountabilities and ensures linkage of process improvement efforts with these goals.
4. Collaborates across functions to insure consistent implementation of new, improved processes. Establishes measurable criteria to ensure desired results are obtained. Provides management with updates via tracking reports on quality project progress, in
line with set priority and timing targets.
5. Based on projects and organizational priorities, assists with the identification of both “hard” and “soft” training needs, identifies the proper source to deliver the training, and tracks training results; conducts training on Quality improvement tools and
develops others to become trainers.
6. Manages the quality systems and assists quality manager in developing tracking mechanisms for ongoing reporting, develops and implements a follow-up process and a plant communication plan for process improvements to ensure sustainability.
7. Promotes the transformation of a reactive organizational culture to one that is more proactive, utilizing data driven decision-making, and giving priority to preventative actions.
8. Develops and maintains partnerships with local State and Federal agencies (USDA) to identify issues that could impact quality of products.
BS degree in Biology, Food Science or related field required plus 2-5 years relevant management experience to include successful employment record of the implementation of continuous improvement/quality improvement in a manufacturing environment. Should
possess knowledge of Quality Improvement principles such as Six Sigma, TQM, SPC, PIP. Additional skills and experience to include: Demonstrated willingness to promote and drive change; able to communicate and work with teams at all organizational levels
from senior management to shop floor; strong communication, organization and presentation skills; ability to learn new concepts, combined with common sense and effectively apply to problem solving; combination of business, interpersonal, technical and analytical
skills motivated by challenge. Strong computer skills with Microsoft office programs.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.