The Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership, direction and execution of all quality and food safety functions at the plant level to support the Company’s statement of quality. Ensures all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and Company requirements. Directs the plant Quality Assurance department in selecting, developing, and motivating Quality Assurance team members to achieve Company quality and food safety goals.
1. Manages all activities of the Quality Assurance department in a manner which results in consistent product quality and 100% safe products.
2. Develops, documents, and implements Quality Assurance processes and procedures to monitor incoming raw materials, in-process and finished products to ensure compliance to Company and Customer requirements and specifications.
3. Ensures that the Quality Assurance department is properly organized, staffed and trained to meet and achieve plant and departmental goals.
4. Performs as plant contact person for sales and customer issues.
5. Serves as the catalyst for leading continuous quality improvement and Company’s QIP. Reviews in plant data as well as consumer and customer data to determine negative trends that can impact quality of products and potentially result in consumer or customer dissatisfaction. Works with Operations, R&D, Corporate QA, and Continuous Improvement departments to resolve process or specification opportunities.
6. Manages the activities of the Quality Assurance department in a manner that keeps plant and upper management fully informed on any issues and assists in achieving quality goals.
7. Maintains open communications with plant, sales and marketing staffs to ensure quality standards meet or exceed customer expectations.
8. Develops a professional working relationship with plant operations, sales, supply and Research & Development business units to apply team approach to business improvement and company goals and initiative.
9. Enforces the Company’s quality programs and maintains the required documentation. Provides continuing education of plant associates as required.
10. Provides timely, accurate and relevant quality data and analysis.
Bachelors degree in poultry, meat or food science plus 5 -6 years QA experience in food or poultry. Must have good analytical and communication (both oral and written) skills. Requires knowledge of poultry and food processing principles; understanding of management principles and team concepts. Should have general knowledge of plant functions, i.e., production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping and sanitation
Prefer experience in further processing.