To operate safely and efficiently the ammonia refrigeration system and related equipment according to the plant Process Safety Management Program
1. Must be able to operate all refrigeration systems in the plant.
2. Must be able to do all startups, shutdowns and defrost procedures on all plant refrigeration systems.
3. Must be able to control the function of all refrigeration systems in the plant (area temperatures, water temperature, ice production, etc.)
4. Must be able to perform all operational procedures:
A. Rounds B. Oil Draining C. Oil adding D. Posting all logs.
5. Must be able to do all emergency shutdowns and startups, reset & restart equipment and put all systems back on line.
6. Must have a clear understanding of the relationship between pressure and temperature in a refrigeration system.
7. Must understand heat transfer in a refrigeration system.
8. Must be able to do all PM procedures in refrigeration.
9. Must be qualified to do auger maintenance.
10. Working knowledge of departmental PC's.
11. Perform maintenance activities such as bearings and belt placements,coupling alignment, etc.
To understand and properly perform the following tasks:
• Complete the Refrigeration Personnel Initial Training.
• Complete all HAZWOPER Training Requirements.
• Identify and correct any process deviation.
• Correctly interpret P&IDs.
• Attend outside schooling on Refrigeration Operations or complete the IIAR, Basic Ammonia Refrigeration Series I.
• Perform PM inspections.
• Proper operation and PM of other related equipment such as boilers, air compressor, ventilation systems, etc.
A minimum of 2 consecutive years in a related field.
Work in temperatures varying from below 32ºF to above 75ºF with humidity varying from ambient to 100%, noise exposure up to 100 decibels and visual light intensity varying from 50-200 foot candles. Included are exposure to chlorine, ammonia vapors, carbon
dioxide (10 ppm), dry ice, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and caustic detergent. you will also walk, carrying boxes, tools and machine parts on wet and greasy floors for distance over 100 foot during performance of job function.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.