The Shift Manager will be responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for a section of a processing plant. Will provide direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly production associates.
Responsible for achieving company established goals on production activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes.
Promotes a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the employer of choice.
1. Establishes, measures, and is accountable for operating and capital budgets for the assigned area in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
2. Meets all facility operational plans, to insure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
3. Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
4. Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.
5. Constantly develops new ideas and methods to improve operational performance and improve product quality and customer reliability.
6. Supports and promote the company’s annual People, Products, and Profitability goals through effective planning, communication, emphasizing the requirement for all team members to be efficient and effective in their respective responsibilities.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering or related discipline plus 7 – 8 years work experience.
Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office.
Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment.
Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.
Able to think ahead and plan 1 to 3 year time span.
Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule.
Able to develop protocols and processes and deploy.
Able to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of and ability to provide strong customer orientation.
Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.